The applicants who wish to settle permanently in Quebec must start their application process by submitting their profile in the arima portal. The applicants invited through the QSW program are then required to apply for Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSQ) through the Mon Project Quebec portal. After obtaining a CSQ, applicants are required to submit a separate Permanent Residency application to CIC.
Eligibility Criteria for the CSQ:
- Single applicants need to attain minimum 50 points and applicants with a spouse or common-law partner must score a minimum of 59 points in the points grid system under the Quebec Immigration selection factors.
Selection factors in the points grid
- The following factors are taken into consideration in the points grid:
- Level of education and area of training (Maximum 14 points)
- Area of training (Maximum 12 points)
- Work experience (Maximum 8 points)
- Age (Maximum 16 points)
- Knowledge of English and French (Maximum 22 points)
- Stays in Quebec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Quebec resident (Maximum 8 points)
- Characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, if applicable (Maximum 17 points)
- Valid employment offer (Maximum 14 points)
- Number of children aged 21 or under who will be accompanying you to Quebec (Maximum 8 points) Capacity for financial self-sufficiency (Maximum 1 point)