Created on
This is some text inside of a div block.

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

Brampton Immigration Consultancy has been assisting applicants from various backgrounds to invite their parents and grandparents to Canada on super visa. If you hold a super visa as a parent or a grandparent, you can visit and stay in Canada for up to two years at a time with multiple entries valid for ten years or till your passport expiry date, whichever comes first. Immigration officers usually look for the following factors while evaluating the applications:

  • Your parent’s or grandparent’s ties to their home country,
  • The purpose of their visit.
  • Their family and finances.
  • The overall economic and political stability of the home country, and
  • An invitation from a Canadian host.

Parents or grandparents must also:
  • Prove that child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold.
  • Provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support.
  • Have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
  • Have an immigration medical exam.

Senior citizens are usually more attached to their home countries, but they also want to live and enjoy life in family with their children. The super visa is the perfect option for these types of visitors.

Sponsoring Other Eligible Relatives:

If you are an eligible sponsor, you can sponsor some of your relatives to immigrate to Canada and settle here as a permanent resident. Relatives are divided into two categories based on sponsor's relationship with them and other conditions.

Orphaned close relatives: close relatives, related by blood or adoption (brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchildren) can be sponsored if:

  • They are orphaned,
  • They are under 18, and
  • They do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner.

Other relatives:

A sponsor may sponsor one relative of any age, related by blood or adoption, if the sponsor meets all the following conditions:

  • do not have a spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, or one of the following living relatives you could sponsor instead:
  • son or daughter,
  • parent,
  • grandparent,
  • brother or sister,
  • uncle, aunt,
  • nephew or niece.
  • do not have any of the above-named relatives who is a:
  • Canadian citizen,
  • permanent resident, or
  • registered Indian under the Indian Act.

A sponsor must:
  • Be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and;
  • Be 18 years or older and;
  • Meet set income guidelines, and
  • Agree in writing to give financial support to your relative and any other eligible relatives coming with them for up to 10 years, depending on their age and how you are related. This time period begins on the date they become a permanent resident.

See whether you meet all requirements to support by tapping the link below and finishing our online survey.

Book Consultation