Created on
This is some text inside of a div block.

Post-Graduation Work Permit

Graduate students may obtain a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) of one to three years after successfully completing their studies. To qualify for PGWP, you must:

  • Have continuously studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
  • Graduated from a recognized educational institution in Canada.
  • Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
  • You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
  • You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.

Apply for Permanent Residence After Graduation:

Studying in Canada brings an advantage for the international students under federal and provincial immigration categories to apply for permanent residency.

Federal Immigration Program for International Graduates:

The federal government provides swift processing times for the permanent residency applications through its Express Entry system. This system comprises of a points-based system in which candidates are ranked and selected based on their points, also called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. Candidates with the highest CRS score are invited to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

The CEC stream under the Express Entry system allows the temporary workers with minimum of one year of Canadian work experience to apply for permanent residency, acting as a simpler and faster option to obtain permanent residency.

Book Consultation